1. If the recording and transcript are going to be tranferred to the Digital Library / Archives &Special Collections, the interviewee needs to sign a waiver and understand what they're signing:
- The electronic recording and transcript will be housed in the Digital Library.
- Any physical material will be transferred to Archives & Special Collections.
- We prefer interviews to be open for research, online, immediately;
- However, we can discuss a period of restriction.
2. You and the interviewee need to think about "third party privacy." It's okay to mention specific individuals by name, but it is not okay to discuss the personal issues of others. For example, it is inappropriate to "out" other people who have not given specific consent.
3. You want to produce the highest quality recording.
- WAV file is ideal, but odds are your equipment won't give you that option.
- MP3 is your next best choice.
- Do no compress or convert the files you produce. Turn in whatever raw files you create during the interview.